I was able to make it to Ikea this weekend to purchase a larger Expedit
case for my craftroom. Wow, was that place crowded
. I'm glad I knew exactly what I wanted prior to going there! I should also say that I'm glad my husband has a SUV so we could get all 5 large boxes as well as all the storage boxes
As my husband put together the new
units, I went into my room and started unloading the old one. If anyone has any question about how much the Expedit can hold, I'm here to tell you TONS. My husband was able to build my two units prior to me emptying the one in my room. I had supplies all over our foyer, living and dining rooms. Thankfully, he came in and helped me empty the area after he was finished. (Before picture on the right and After picture on the left).
I spent about 4 hours putting everything back! I'm still not 100% sure what I will do with my 8 1/2 x 11 paper that is currently located in a tower to the right of my desk. Since there is very little room to expand in the tower, I may convert it all to vertical storage and place it in the empty open space on the right of the Expedit. I also spent some time re-organizing my embossing folders/plates and dies. The folders/plates
are kept in the photo box on the bottom left and I've purchased two Martha Stewart binders
from Staples which now house my Papertrey Ink dies. I think finding my dies will be much easier now! The CD box on the top left houses my Nestabilities
in CD cases. Although it seems like every single space in the new unit is take up, some of the boxes are empty! I thankfully have room to grow. After I was all finished and admired my accomplishment, I noticed something very annoying....the label locations on the Kassett boxes I purchased previously do not match up with the ones I purchased yesterday. Sigh
, that will drive me nuts! Looks like I'm going on another road trip to Ikea soon.
Post a Comment